Sunday, May 3, 2015

Final Project: My First Old Boston Building

For this assignment, I entered the world that I created in World Painter and built a building to scale in the proper location. I chose to build the Old South Meeting House which is located on the corner of what would be "Milk Street". This is the building where the Boston Tea Party was planned.
 First thing to do was clear out some of the annoying grass that grows in minecraft, reason being sometimes it will prevent you from putting a block in certain places (where flowers are for example) so clearing most of the area helps with building.

 Next was the foundation of the building, using dimensions that fit the scale of the world I created in World Painter.
 Next I built the roof up at an angle from each side so they would meet exactly in the middle and the roof would not be lop-sided.


 After this I built the tower that is located in the front of the building, and is roughly 1.5 times the height of the rest of the building.
 Next it was time for windows!
 Here I used black blocks to represent the clocks that are located on both sides of the tower, right below the top window.

 Here I punched some holes and spaced them out. I would later fill in these in with glass to make the side windows

 Next, same thing on the other side
 Just a nice sunset pic when my windows were complete.


Last, I added the final entrance located on the right side of the building and my old south meeting house was done! Compare to a picture of the actual old south meeting house seen below.
Some of the more rounded things like the clocks and oval tops of the windows are difficult to make in minecraft being it is constructed completely out of squares, but this was my best effort! Hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment