Saturday, April 25, 2015

Final Project: Historic Boston Reference Materials

For this assignment, I gathered historically accurate maps of Boston from the time of the American Revolution, which took place between 1765 and 1783, and the Boston Tea Party, which took place on December 16th, 1773. With these dates, I was able to find a few maps of Boston from the time period of 1750-1790.


I was able to find one map that stated at 1:5, 760 scale. From looking at these maps in detail, I was able to find some important made made structures, such as schools, piers on the harbor, and many buildings, as well as important natural structures such as Boston Common and the location of the Charles River. Following are the links to my reference materials, coming from a historical online map database, and harvard.edu





No comments:

Post a Comment